Before this school year officially began, Jamie and I decided to be tourists in our home city for a day. We both had saved up money for a well-deserved trip, but couldn't coordinate our schedules to make one happen. So, we opted for a day of frivolous fun in Atlanta instead.
We braved the crowds at the massive Georgia Aquarium, were awed and inspired during a tour at the CNN Center, and enjoyed the gorgeous view from our hotel room on the 55th floor of the Westin. Complete with drinks at the Sundial with token double-date couple Julian and Geoff, the day was just as relaxing and fun as we'd hoped for.
By simply looking at Atlanta from an outsider's perspective, I was fortunately reminded of its charms. I was also reminded of how easily I can be swayed to believe that I belong in a certain city. While I still strongly feel that I belong in New York and/or London, my tourist day in Atlanta served as a reminder that things won't magically be better simply because I'm living in a different city. As with many things in life, it's all in how one looks at it.

Speaking of the future, there may be some major plans on the horizon that involve travel. Big surprise. I'm going to think about it for awhile, let some time pass, and then I may make some official decisions.
Oh, and, last thing: Jamie's coming to London with me in November. Hooray. I'm so thrilled that he loves London (nearly) as much as I do.
1 comment:
Katie, Very glad to see you blogged again. Keep it up. We are reading. Rebecca
Post a Comment