Jamie and I went to Ru San's last night to celebrate our nine-month anniversary with a heaping platter of sushi. The outing was very impromptu, and couldn't have been better. We talked about the future and how content we were with each other. Just months from graduation, life after school is a bit daunting for each of us right now. Knowing that you can depend on someone to be there -- that you have such a loving and supportive force in your life -- is beyond comforting, though. It's empowering.
We spent a good portion of the meal talking about our travel plans together, in the near and far future. The conversation was intoxicating, and we both realized that it felt like we were miles away, not sitting in Atlanta's cheapest sushi joint. It was exhilarating, to pause and discover that you're on the cusp of major life changes.
Still glowing from the previous night's mood, I walked aimlessly through the city today, appreciating the opportunity to relax and reflect on all I had to be grateful for. In some ways, it seemed like I was looking at everything with fresh eyes. I can certainly say that I've never pictured the America's Mart building like this:

Next week already feels like it will be a fresh start. The beauty of getting so overwhelmed is that the stress eventually dissipates. Granted, I had to escape responsibility for a few days, but the break was worth it. I need to stop dreading now and romanticizing the future, and realize that it's all connected. So, here's to the present. Here's to making my lofty dreams a reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment