24 October 2006
Reason #1 to smile
Less than a month remains until Jamie and I leave for London. The trip was originally prompted by a friend of mine who now lives in New York. Unfortunately, due to various circumstances, she can't come. I feel a bit guilty for going ahead with plans without her, and I'm certainly indebted to her for encouraging the trip in the first place.
Now that Jamie's coming, however, I'm ecstatic. I quickly fell in love with traveling to other countries and knew that whoever I would up with would have to understand that passion. To have Jamie not only understand but share that same passion is even better.
This trip will be exciting for so many reasons that I'm sure I'll discuss within the next few weeks. The exciting reason that's most on my mind lately, however, is seeing my cousin Kerry at Nottingham University, a potential graduate school which we both toured together last year. Kerry is an absolute inspiration in my life and another person who's motivated me to continue to get out and see the world (or, at least, to keep returning to England). Talking with her about the future rejuvenates me, and I can't wait to see her in person again.
Even better, she'll be able to meet Jamie. I'm such a lucky girl -- I need to stop worrying and realize that more often. I do wish I was more eloquent, though. Maybe tomorrow I'll write a more thoughtful entry.
Now that Jamie's coming, however, I'm ecstatic. I quickly fell in love with traveling to other countries and knew that whoever I would up with would have to understand that passion. To have Jamie not only understand but share that same passion is even better.
This trip will be exciting for so many reasons that I'm sure I'll discuss within the next few weeks. The exciting reason that's most on my mind lately, however, is seeing my cousin Kerry at Nottingham University, a potential graduate school which we both toured together last year. Kerry is an absolute inspiration in my life and another person who's motivated me to continue to get out and see the world (or, at least, to keep returning to England). Talking with her about the future rejuvenates me, and I can't wait to see her in person again.
Even better, she'll be able to meet Jamie. I'm such a lucky girl -- I need to stop worrying and realize that more often. I do wish I was more eloquent, though. Maybe tomorrow I'll write a more thoughtful entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment