18 April 2007

Hopes and Fears

As with any tragedy, the Virginia Tech shootings have me thinking about how quickly and dramatically life can change or even end. I have been completely focused on the immediate future as of late – searching for a new place to live and applying to job after job – and I can’t help but think of the students who lost their lives and will never experience those things.

Life is beautiful in its fragility. I feel more grateful for my life than ever, and the past few days have prompted me to look back at all I have experienced and been blessed with thus far. I know it’s morbid, but I can confidently say that, if my life ended today, I would die happy. That’s something that I would want people to know, and I can only pray that loved ones believe the same is true for those who lost their lives on Monday.

In other news, I’m severely struggling with senoritis. Thinking about major things like a new job and place to live, moving in with my fiancĂ© and making plans for the future … it’s seemingly impossible to worry about multiple choice tests or attendance points. I’m so ready to be done with it all.

I may miss those minor worries, though, once I officially meet the “real world” face to face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie - You are in a beautiful place, and I'm so pleased that you feel it and see it. Enjoy these last moments of your senior year, the world awaits you with open arms. You are a star!