28 August 2005

Update

Frustrating. I just typed a long post, and the computer froze once I hit send.

So, you'll get an update at least. I'm in an internet cafe, and have an hour left, so I'll write as much as I can.

Alright, what's new: Kerry left this morning, which was really sad. We had such a good time together. I haven't been that goofy or laughed that much in quite some time. We did a lot in just a few days -- we visited Dickens' house, and Platform 9 3/4 (of Harry Potter fame); spent two nights in Norwich with Kerry's friend Kristen and her lovely British husband, Neil; traveled to Nottingham, toured Nottingham University and met with the head of the Theology Department; visited the British Museum, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the Tower Bridge; ate in Chinatown; and spent a lot of time in Oxford Circus.

Last night was loads of fun. We went to Soho in hopes of barhopping and celebrating our last night together. We were overwhelmed by the number of men in the first pub and marveled at our prospects until we realized that it was a gay bar. After finishing our drinks, we gave in and paid the cover fee at O'Neill's. It was well worth it: we danced, laughed at ourselves trying to pick up British men, and eventually met some really nice Europeans. I talked to two different Parisians, who said that my Americanized French was "very sexy." They seemed to think I'd do okay in France, which boosted my confidence and made me much more excited.


I'm spending today getting various errands done. Apparently there was major miscommunication with the cell phone company, and I may not be able to get service over here until mid-November. That means, until then, I'll be shelling out 90 cents a minute. Tomorrow, I'll meet with Alex, which I'm very excited/anxious about, and the next day I'll head off for my great two-weeks' adventure. Wish me luck.

No comments: