14 June 2007

Cloud Nine

I officially graduated from Georgia State University on May 12.

Jamie and I moved into our Candler Park apartment on May 19 -- since then, we have painted the study/guest room, living room, kitchen, and bathroom. Only our bedroom remains to be painted. Our little abode is about as cozy as can be, and I couldn't be happier with the neighborhood. Meeting neighbors is happening slowly but surely, and it seems that we already know a few of them.

That same day, my friend Yasirah got married. I had the honor of being one of her bridesmaids, and Jamie caught her garter. It was the first wedding we had attended together, and it gave us plenty of ideas for our ceremony. (Target date: September 2008)

The following day -- May 20th -- my parents held a graduation party. It was a huge success, I think, and Jamie and I received plenty of goodies for all of our hard work at GSU. No matter how stressful things can get with us , it reminded me how much I love my family.

Jessi, my roommate from freshman year and dear friend, had her baby on May 27. Jack was the most perfect little guy I had ever seen. Meeting him just hours after his birth was another first -- and wonderful experience -- for me and James.

And, as of last week, I am an real, full-time, paid employee. With benefits. I really don't think I could love my job more. Yes, I'm saying that even though I have to get up at an insane hour every day. I don't care. I am so, so lucky.

Also, as of yesterday, Jamie's employed, too. He's freelancing, which is a great opportunity while job hunting.

Life almost seems too good, especially compared to how rough things were this time last year.

Whew. Photos of the apartment coming soon.

No comments: