29 October 2005

Surreal

I love London. Period.

Nikki and I had big plans to go to The National Gallery and Westminster Abbey today. We enjoyed the museum, but were dismayed when we arrived in time for Evensong only to be told it was cancelled for the evening. Not to be deterred, we walked a few blocks back to Leicester Square to look for something to do. We came across a big crowd and soon discovered they were congregating for the premiere of Shopgirl.

We decided to join the crowd and got to see Claire Danes get out of a chauferred car, sign autographs and pose for the paparazzi. It was completely unexpected and very exciting. We then had dinner looking out on the square, ran into Peter and Nick, and joined them for a drink at a classy pub in Kentish Town.

It wasn't at all the evening we had planned. I've gotten really accustomed to dealing with setbacks and looking at the bright side. As tonight proved, a change of plans isn't always a bad thing.


Apparently, I'm not meant to join the paparazzi forces. All of my pictures turned out grainy and Claire Danes is barely visible. I did get a shot of everyone else getting good pictures. Oh well. I'll write about the rich and famous instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis!
I was reading your copy of Frankenstien today when i came across a note you had written in the margins comparing me to William Frankenstien, it made me glad, but then he got murdered and i was sad.

Much Love,
Your Brother