09 September 2005

Bliss

Today was perfect and relaxing, and wouldn't have existed if I didn't travel alone. By the end of my trip, I've realized that deciding to do this solo was a good thing.

The Museo del Prado, sunbathing in the park, sangria and postcards at a shaded sidewalk cafe ... I had an amazing day, and I'm looking forward to celebrating my last night in Madrid.

What an experience. I have no clue what I did to deserve this, but I'm supremely grateful. I know this will impact my life -- I can't wait to see how.

There are so many thoughts and emotions running through my brain right now. For once, I can't even begin to find the words to express them.

Madrid has a perfect balance of urban life and culture and beautiful open green spaces. I love it. If it was an English-speaking city, there'd be a great likelihood that I would live here someday. Tomorrow's my last day here. I'm going to see Picasso's Guernica again. The first time I saw it, it was on temporary display at the High. Now, I get to revisit one of my favorite paintings at its home.


2 comments:

Becca said...

I am so jealous ;-)

I've always wanted to go to Madrid, but I had actually heard it was rather gray and dull...but I trust your words more, and it sounds just wonderful.

Sangria...Mmmm, how delicious!

Anonymous said...

TWO DAYS!

forever your brother,
R. Hawkins