It seems that the more I get to know the world, it becomes increasingly beautiful and ugly. Life is bittersweet, indeed.
On a more personal note, I am dealing with an extremely emotionally-trying event. On the bright side, I feel as if I'm handling things in the best way possible. Something I have been anxious about is seeing how this time overseas has changed me and will impact my course in life. Based on my response and handling of things, I've already discovered that I have become emotionally stronger and, quite possibly, wiser in the past few months. I have learned to value myself, which was something I needed to learn to do ages ago.
I did, however, need to take a "mental health day," as my coworkers would have called it. I decided to nix the trip to Wales, instead relishing a day of rest and relaxation and devoting Sunday to Stevie's last full day in London. So far, we've seen and done quite a bit. He's on his own today -- I'm anxious to see how he does.
Quite glad I decided to slow down and take a day off. Otherwise, I'd probably hit an emotional and physical collapse mid-week. As it is, I still have a lot planned ahead. Stevie leaves Monday, I've got school and volunteering and catching up with friends to do and, Jessi, my next guest from Georgia, arrives Sunday.

1 comment:
What a beautiful picture :-)
I hope Stevie had some very enjoyable personal time with London...It certainly seems like the kind of city you could walk around for hours, losing yourself in everything. I think experiences like that are almost spiritual. And it's wonderful how differently you can experience a city, depending on if you're alone or with a friend or a group.
Yes, the home stretch is very emotionally trying. I know it was for me over the summer, but I can only imagine how it must be for you. But I have no doubt that you will reflect on your experiences and depart happily with your new sense of wisdom, ready to come back to the States.
I miss you, and thank you so much for the birthday wishes :-)
Post a Comment