08 November 2005

My first overseas visitor arrives tomorrow. Stevie will be staying here almost a week -- I hope I show him a good time and simultaneously do London justice. I must admit, I'm quite excited to play tour guide.

I gave a presentation last week and just finished a related paper for my Popular Cultures class. Work, wow. I nearly forgot how to get in the right mindset. I think it turned out well.

Being one of three supervisors in a room of twenty rowdy toddlers is draining but I love the feeling it gives me. I don't know why I'm so drawn to volunteer opportunities like these, but I'm sure glad that I am.

I've had barely any time to send proper correspondence to people back home. If you, dear reader, are one of those people I'm referring to, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I'm just beginning to feel the squeeze of deadlines. Papers and schoolwork, yes, but the amount of exploring and experiencing that I want (actually, need) to do is overwhelming.

Here goes.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I do believe I owe YOU an apology for not keeping up with your posts as I should!

I've caught up, though, and boy howdy you've been busy since I last read!

I'm glad you have a taste of home there to spend time with you. I wish so badly that I could come and visit...I'm sure you are the perfect tour guidess :-)

And I knew you would get back into the school thing when you *had* to...That's always the best motivator. I hope your grades turn out well, though I'm sure that they will!

Well, I think I shall send you a real email soon!

Have tons of fun with Stevie!