03 November 2005
Laissez les bons temps roulez
Sufjan Stevens played an absolutely breathtaking acoustic show.
The New Pornographers were so energetic and loud that our ears were ringing for the rest of the night.
And I went to Ronnie Scott's, London's world-famous jazz club, last night for a benefit concert for New Orleans musicians. The New Orleans Jazz Giants played with Charmaine Neville, and I felt like I was thousands of miles away. When they played "Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans," I wanted to cry from a combination of sadness and pure joy. It wasn't a morose night, though. The band was celebrating New Orleans and were a perfect example of why the city's spirit will never die.
Also, I'm leaving for Rome in, ah ... thirty minutes.
This isn't real life. It can't be.
The New Pornographers were so energetic and loud that our ears were ringing for the rest of the night.
And I went to Ronnie Scott's, London's world-famous jazz club, last night for a benefit concert for New Orleans musicians. The New Orleans Jazz Giants played with Charmaine Neville, and I felt like I was thousands of miles away. When they played "Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans," I wanted to cry from a combination of sadness and pure joy. It wasn't a morose night, though. The band was celebrating New Orleans and were a perfect example of why the city's spirit will never die.
Also, I'm leaving for Rome in, ah ... thirty minutes.
This isn't real life. It can't be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment