
Taken from atop the Monument, some 300 steps high.
I don't exactly get to rest yet, though. Tonight is my dear flatmate Emily's birthday. Some friends are coming over for cake and drinks tonight -- nothing big. I'm planning on taking her out for a special night later this week. Just planning for and thinking about Emily's birthday has made me realize how much she means to me. Out of all the friendships I've made here, I really hope this one lasts.
The biggest reason to celebrate, however, is Kerry's acceptance into Nottingham University. It seems like a lifetime ago, but I arrived in London a week before my solo travels to spend some time with Kerry, who was scoping out Nottingham as a potential graduate school. I was honored to also visit Nottingham and was extremely impressed with the beauty and prestige of the university. We met with the head of the Theology Department and, from then on, I knew Kerry was going to be accepted. Now it's official.
Interestingly enough, Kerry spent a summer studying in London and was part of my motivation to study abroad. Then, I decided to spend a semester here, and she felt inspired to consider graduate school. Now we're motivating and inspiring each other. Soon, I will have to return to the States, but she'll be coming to the UK for a full year. Truthfully, she's made my experience here so much more meaningful and enjoyable.
So, I guess this entry is devoted to Emily and Kerry, two amazing people in my life. Thanks for everything, girls.
1 comment:
It's almost ridiculous how much I love you.
I wonder if we will ever get this travel-to-the-UK bug out of our systems, or if we will continue our addiction for years to come. I, for one, happen to adore making memories in the name of the other; it helps to keep us close, and you are most definitely someone I need to be close with. xoox
Post a Comment