I actually got a lot accomplished during the past three days in London. I started working on a presentation and finished just in time for class this morning. I made it to both volunteering sessions this week, and conducted my second interview for my feature article. I also completed and mailed my application for an internship at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. I'm not feeling necessarily confident in it, but that partly has to do with the fact that I'm completely unaware of what my competition is like.
Last night I was able to cross off two major items on my London to-do list. Emily and I went ice skating at Somerset House -- although it was crowded, the location was gorgeous and I miraculously didn't fall once. Afterwards, I rushed to meet Alex who surprised me earlier with an offer of a spare football ticket. Attending a football match was one thing I sadly figured I wouldn't be able to do while I was here, and I was so excited to get the chance to go. Even though the teams (Charlton and Blackburn) aren't hugely popular, the stadium was the biggest one I've ever been in to see a soccer game. The best part of the game was the fans -- the chanting, booing and enthusiasm were exactly as I expected. Although it was freezing and wet the entire time, I enjoyed every minute of the match.

Off to Ireland.
What am I going to do for entertainment when I get home?
3 comments:
Entertainment? I was starting to think about what I do now for entertainment. I just watch movies, play guitar, and work. And drink. It's no footie match, but hey it's a livin. We'll both get Aquarium season passes, and then maybe the beluga whales with wink at us.
I have an Auarium season pass, along with a Zoo season pass with a free guest. That, and inculcating the spirit of the culture you're so admiring into the fabric of Blake st. existence. The change shan't be too drastic, upon returning.
Oh, oh, I know! You're going to hang out with me for entertainment!
Jamie has the right idea about the Aquarium. I'm getting a season pass for Christmas. I can't wait to go!
Dublin is a lovely city. I can't believe your time is almost over...I won't be able to live vicariously through you anymore :-(
But I must admit that I cannot wait to see you!!
Post a Comment