12 December 2005

Reflections

In retrospect, I'm really glad I decided to keep this online journal. I decided to make it fairly accessible to people, and realized that I was writing to a diverse audience. Not only has The Return Trip been a great way to update multiple people on my experiences here, it has given me a way to reflect on everything.

Once I get home, I will undoubtedly miss traveling and living in London. I will miss the friends I've met and the endless adventures we've had. Fortunately, I can always read this journal and remember how blessed I am.

Although I won't write here nearly as often as I have since arriving overseas, I plan to revisit this journal from time to time, for travel-related stories or musings. And, of course, if I ever wind up living overseas again, I may return to frequent updates.

With less than a week remaining until I leave, I wanted to thank everyone who kept in touch via inspiring emails or comments. Thank you for reading this blog in the first place. Knowing that there were people back home who cared about me and supported my actions made my time overseas that much more enjoyable. Because of you, returning to the States doesn't seem that bad after all.

Expect a long, rambling post (or two) before I leave. Do not, however, expect it to even come close to accurately or coherently summing up the past four months.



Am I ready to leave or not? It's such a bizarre feeling to be torn between two places that are so far apart. Conflicted doesn't seem like a strong enough word in this case.

No comments: